Friday, January 10, 2014

Physical Wellness Goal

The third 2014 goal I am going to break apart is my physical goal of running a marathon this year.  In October of 2012 I ran my first and only 1/2 marathon when I was at my post-high school physical fitness peak.  I then broke my foot in February of 2013 which figuratively and literally slowed me down.  Toward the end of 2013 I began my journey of getting back into shape.

I am currently working on a 10K training program and will try to find a 10K race to run sometime this winter or early spring.  I will be finishing up my program in mid-February this year and then will be ready to start working on the 10K to 1/2 Marathon training.  I am planning on running in the Dam to Dam 1/2 marathon race on Saturday, May 31st.  My goal, like when I ran in 2012, will be to finish the race in under 2 hours.  

After I complete my 1/2 marathon I will continue training for my first marathon which I plan to run on October 19th, 2014 in the Des Moines Marathon.

In order to achieve this goal I will need to stick pretty closely to be my 10K, 1/2 Marathon and Marathon training plans this year.  Through training and eating better I am hoping to get my weight down to where it was before I broke my foot which will help me with my running too.  

Have you ever ran in a distance race?  Do you have any tips for me?  

What are your fitness goals this year?  What is the first step you are going to take to achieve your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment